RULE & REGULATIONS
The library of govt.polytechnic, sonepur was setup in 2013 and started functioning in the year 2013. It started with 2500 books.
The present Library is built on an area of 3384 sq. ft. and is a airconditioned building. it is furnished with modern funiture's. It has 15 reading table and 21 nos of computer in the library for the users and including Book section,Current Journals and Circulation Counter.
The Library Uses e-Granthalaya Software for cataloguing, circulation, accounting and acquisition of books and Journals.The library has sevice like acquisition of books, journals and microdocuments, resource sharing among DAF units, publication assistance, reference and reprographic service for the Institute members.
TheLibrary is open for 12 hours. The database of books and journals are available in the library for the users.The users of the library includes all the institute members.It also extends services to members from various colleges and Universities of the state of Odisha.The library facilities are also extended to summer and temporary visitorsn of the institute.Blisc & Mlisc students of Universities or any institution of Odisha are being Visited Here.
The five laws of library science is a theory proposed by S.R.Ranganathan in 1931.detailing the principles of operating a library system.Many librarians accepts them as the foundations of their philosophy.
These laws are:
1. Books are for use.
2. Every reader his [or her] book.
3. Every book its reader.
4. Save the time of the reader.
5. The library is a growing organism
1. All readers are required to maintain perfect silence and discipline in the library.
2. Proper decorum should be maintained inside the library.Smoking, spitting and sleeping inside the library is strictly prohibited.
3. No person shall either write upon, for the purpose of correction or any error, or make any marking what so ever or underline words or sentences of the books and journals.
4. Librarian shall have the general control of the Library and the services and shall maintain order in all its departments.
5. Any infringement of library rules may lead to the withdrawal of membership privileges.
6. No table shall be occupied for more than a day.
7. These Library rules may be altered or amended and new rules may be added to the exiting ones by the Principal on consutation/recommendation of the library committee from time to time depending on the exigencies.
8. Library of govt.polytechnic, sonepur is primarily an Academic library, meant for faculty members and students
9. And staff member or a long term (a year or more) visitor is eligible to become a member of the library
10. Non-academic staff members of the Institute can borrow only light reading materials(General Magazines & Books).
11. Research workers in engineering and related subjects, but not associated with this institutie may consult Books and Journals only in side the library Premises after obtatining special permission from Pincipal/of Library Committee/ Librarian.
1. The library will remain open round the clock on all the days except sunday.
2. Official working hours are : 9.30am -6.pm (Monday-Saturday)
3.The timings for:
A. Issue and return of books/journals: from 10am to 1 pm and 2.30 pm to 5pm.(only on working days)
B. Overnight issue of books/journal; From 4.30pm -5.30pm(only on working days)
ADMISSION TO THE LIBRARY:
1. Any outside visitoris permitted to use the library facilities after acquiring permission, eitherby the Principal/Library Committee or Librarian.
2. Before entering the library a visitor shall be required to write his /her name and address in the "Visitor Register" provided at the security counter. Such signature shall be taken as acknowledgement that the person agrees to confirm to the rules of library.
DEPOSIT OF PERSONAL BELONGINGS AT THE PROPERTY COUNTER:
1. All personal belongings except purses and note books shall be left at the property counter.
2. when the depositor leaves the Library he/she must take out his/her all articles deposited at the property counter.
PROCEDURES FOR ENROLMENT AND PRIVILEGES OF THE MEMBERS:
1. The eligible person is to be enrolled as a member of library by signing a membership registration form.
2. The following shall be imposed on issue of books to an individual for use.
i. Faculty Members--15 nos.
3. Bound Journals may be issued for a maximum period of 7 days.
4 Current Journals will not be issued.
5. Each member shall be provided readers pass book for borrowing books.
6. Each member shall have to produce readers pass book at Circulation Counter.
7. To Issue/ Return, Members are required to be present in person.
8. The Librarian may recall any book from a member only after 30 days of its issue in case suchbook is required by another member.if a book needs to be put in the reserve section, It should be returned immediately.
9. Books in bad condition should not be issued out of library till they are bound and brought to useable conditions.
10.Reserve Section books and reference book shall not be issued to any memeber except in special cases like overnight issue.Bookss to kept in reserve section from time to time which shall be decided by the Librarian.
11. Reference books like Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, Manuals, Year Books Map, Atlases and Thesis shouldnot be issued.
12.Current Issues of Light magazines shall not be issued till the Library receives the next issues.Two light magazines, which are not current, can be borrwed at a time for a period of 7 days.
13.Rules for circulation of Micro Documents(CD) of the Library will be
a) The CD will be issued for a period of 7 days
b) The CD's should not be handed over to outside users.
OVERDUE AND REMINDER:
1. Any overdue book should be either returned or renewed otherwise the privilege of issuing books may be material.
2. In the normal course of the library procedures, two reminders will be issued to the loanee for overdue of books in alternative months. It is however not obligatory on the part of the Library.if the borrower will not respond to the notices ,then no reading material may be issued to him/her till the return of the material.
3. The Library may recall a renewed book any time , if required by some other member.
4.In case the lost book is out-of print and widely used, the library committeemay recommend extra penalty.
RENEWAL OF BOOKS:
1. The renewal of issue of books /bound volumes can be done if theseare not in demand.It can be ascertained from the circulation counter.
2. Renewal will be allowed only after the borrowed material is produced physically at the counter.
3. A book may be renewed at most two times After that the book shouldbe returned at least for a period if 30 days.
LOSS OF LIBRARY PASS BOOK, ACCESS CONTROL CARD AND MULTILATION OF READING MATERIALS:
1. Loss of the reader's pass book should immediatrly be reported to the Librarian. A duplicate thereof, shall be issued.
2. The member shall remain responsible for misuse of lost reader's pass book.
3. In case loss of access control card a new card can be replaced only after payment of Rs.150/-
4. If any publication is lost or disfigured or if any page or any picture is removed or the publication is otherwise multilated by the reader, he/she must replace it or pay the cost as described.
5. if one of a set is damaged or lost the whole set has to be replaced, provided a single volume cannot be purchased.
CLEARANCE OF READING MATERIALS:
1. Borrowers are expected to return all borrowed materials before going on vacation /leave/outstatation duty, If such absence from head quarter is for more than month.
2. A member should obtain "No dues certificate" from the Institute library after surrendering all reading materials with him/her and the reader's pass book and after paying outstanding dues, if any on expiry of Membership or terminating his/her association with the Institute.
1. Issue and return of books/journals: From 10AM to 1 PM and 2.30 PM to 5 PM (only on working days).
2. Overnight issue of books /journal : From 4 PM to 5 PM (only on working days).
NEWSPAPER & MAGAZINES
Guidelines for issue of magazines:-
iii) One can issue only 2 (two) magazines at one time.
The library subscribes to the following newspapers and magazines & Journals for its users.
Newspapers Magazines journal (National & International)
1. The Samaja (Odia) 1. India Today ( English) 1. Indian Concrete Journal
2. Dharitri (Odia) 2. Outlook (English) 2. Journal of Structural Enginnering
3. Sambad (Odia) 3. Reader's Digest(English) 3. ICFAI Journal of Mechanical Enginnering
4. Samaya ( Odia) 4. Pratiyogita Darpan (English) 4. Internation Journal of Electrical Enginnering & Technology
5. The Indian Exp. (English) 5. Science Reporter (English) 5. proces of Mathematical Science
6. Employment news ( weekly) 6. Resonace - Journal of Science Education